The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi Membership Services Department will provide services to eligible NHBP Tribal Members in accordance with procedures and guidelines established by the NHBP Tribal Council. The NHBP Education Department will provide financial assistance to enable NHBP Tribal Members in the pursuit of continuing education.
Eligibility– In order to be eligible for the assistance funded by the Professional Career Development Program, an applicant must be a duly enrolled Tribal Member of the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi, with current enrollment information up to date and on file.
Allowable Fields of Study– Applicants must submit a written request to the Membership Services Department detailing the type of career development or conference they wish to attend and how it will benefit them in the pursuit of an identified career. Assistance may be used for, but not limited to, the following:
- Attending a conference or career development training in the field of study the Tribal Member is pursuing that will expand the Tribal Member’s knowledge in that field of study;
- Acquiring continuing education units (CEUs); or
- Helping a Tribal Member acquire skills to that will make him/her become a more productive citizen.
For example, these funds may provide assistance with professional organization/conference registration and travel costs. Additional needs may be considered by the Education Committee on a case-by-case basis.
Assistance-Availability of Professional Career Development Assistance:
- Applicants will be funded on a first-come, first-served basis; until the funds are exhausted.
- $500 per fiscal year (Jan.-Dec.); per student. Assistance is not to exceed $500 per Tribal Member.
- Assistance is funded by the Education Committee.
Guidelines-In order to receive funding, the Tribal Member must complete a Professional Career Development and Conferences Program Application and provide the following:
- Certificate of NHBP enrollment.
- Supporting documents that provide a detailed description of the program.
- Copy of registration for the program/conference.
- Invoice for the conference/program fee or a receipt for the conference/program costs incurred.
- Certificate of successful program completion or signed attendance sheet from the instructor or sponsoring organization.
- Summary of the event attended.
- Persons approved for assistance are expected to attend the entire conference or program. If it is determined that any recipient of assistance failed to attend the conference/program or left early, he/she may be required to re-pay the amount of any assistance provided. Amounts due to NHBP as a result of a recipient’s failure to attend all or a portion of a conference/program may be deducted from future per capita payments.
Download Application [button]Click Here[/button]