PUBLIC NOTICE – PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE TRIBAL COUNCIL BYLAWS[row] [column lg=”9″ md=”12″ sm=”12″ xs=”12″ ]
The Tribal Council is considering adopting amendments to the NHBP Tribal Council ByLaws.
The following changes are proposed be incorporated into Title I, Chapter 01 of the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi, Amended and Restated Bylaws of the Tribal Council:
- The Definitions section was expanded to include definitions for terms used in the new Ethics Code and define terms previously used but not defined.
- An order of succession of power was added for situations when the Chair and Vice-Chair are unavailable and for when there are fewer than three (3) members of Tribal Council available.
- The Council’s practices of holding Workshop and Prep Session prior to Regular Meetings were added to the Bylaws.
- The oath of office and the procedure for administering the oath were added.
- The requirements to be eligible to run for a seat on Tribal Council were added. The requirements here are identical to the requirements listed in the Election Code.
- Processes for installing new members and for former members to step down were added.
- A code of ethics for Tribal Council members was added.
- The duties of each Officer position on the Tribal Council were updated and revised.
- The Constitutional process for removing a Council member from office was added.
- The process for conducting Regular and Special Meetings was expanded to include Workshop, Prep Session, and the Consent Agenda.
- Appendix A was added to identify those Tribal government policies and procedures applicable to the Tribal Council.
A copy of the draft amendments under consideration may be found at www.NHBPI.com. Persons may submit any questions or comments no later than July 19, 2015, to the NHBP Legal Department at: 269-729-5151, ext. 8371, or by emailing to rgriffin@NHBPI.com.
Post June 19, 2015 – July 19, 2015[/column] [column lg=”3″ md=”12″ sm=”12″ xs=”12″ ] [frame bgcolor=” #f9f9f9″ fgcolor=” #000000″ shadow=”ebs_shadow shadow raised-box”]